Monday, November 05, 2007

There's No Place Like Gnome

If you, like the Simpsons, live in Springfield, Oregon and seem to have misplaced your garden gnome, you might be able to pick it up at the local police department.

Someone took 75 lawn ornaments and carefully placed them around one house. Now the wayward eyesores decorations are at the police station and ready to be identified by their owners. I've never done something that elaborate, but I will confess to making those Dutch Kids 69.

Quote of the story: "Every time I leave my office they're sitting in my chair, working on my computer," Capt. Richard Harrison said.

I forgot about that strong clerical work ethic in garden gnomes.

Are there such things as gnome mailboxes? Because who wouldn't like to put their mail in a gnome's ass?


No word in the story about whether they've rounded up the Leaning Cowboy, Lady Bending Over or Little Boy Peeing for questioning.


I'm not a detective, but I might dust those gnomes for prints and check them against some folks at Travelocity.

3 comments:

Reigning Frog said...

Wasn't this a Will & Grace episode?

I bet it was plastic pink flamingos from Florida that did this.

Rox said...

Around here, people make these hideous cowboy sillouettes and place them in their yards, at the entrance to their driveways and up against their houses. It's truly hideous! I'd take a gnome any day over an eight foot tall cutout of Roy Rogers!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the Full Monty.