ABC (aka shameless corporate hacks) are positioning the participation of Ms. Mills as a dramatic example of the majesty of the human spirit. It seems a lot more mundane than that. They just want to see if someone with her particular...ummm... attribute can still dance. That's tokenism.
I just hope one of the dances everyone is forced to do is the Moonwalk.
In any event, here's some songs I'm guessing you won't be hearing in the upcoming season:
- Born to Run (Bruce Springsteen)
- At the Hop (Danny and the Juniors)
- The Hokey Pokey
- The Stroll (The Diamonds)
- I Ran (Flock of Seagulls)
- Jump Around (House of Pain)
- Legs (ZZ Top)
- Runaway (Bon Jovi)
- One Step Closer (Doobie Brothers)
- Drop Dead Legs (Van Halen)
- Running down a Dream (Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers)
- Jump, Jive and Wail (Louis Prima)
- Hot Legs (Rod Stewart)
- Lean on Me (Ben E. King)
- The Hop (Arrowsmith)
- Walk on the Wild Side (Lou Reed)
- Get a Leg Up (John Mellencamp)
- These Boots Were Made for Walkin' (Nancy Sinatra)
- Come on Eileen (Dexy's Midnight Riders)
- I Get a Kick Out of You (Francis Xavier Sinatra)
- Gimme Three Steps (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- Boogie Shoes (KC & the Sunshine Band)
All right, I'll shut up now. Yes, I already know I'm going to hell.
Feel free to play along at home, kids.