Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Spook/Crap-tacular

People often ask me, why I stay in Michigan. Because where else could you see stuff like this? I apologize for the crummy layout. I give with Glogger and images already.

Yes, that sign actually says, "Pumpkins you pick you pay what's fair Please put money in the can"

Where else in the world are you going to find the kind of trusting people that sell pumpkins from their front yard and just ask you to donate what is "fair?"


I'm not saying we don't have our share of Halloweenies too. Because for every nice trusting soul who sells punkins from her driveway (and trust me, the show pumpkins were in the front), there's someone like this guy.
Obviously, he skipped a few courses while he went for his Graphic Design degree. You know it's got to be really scary with the kind of foresight and planning skills for a sign like that.















Yes, that's actual red spray paint on the "Haunted Trailer." It says Enter Hell and House from Hell. I'm not sure whether our budding October capitalist painted it or the neighbors did. Because there is nothing spookier than abandoned shit in your yard. I like to think he's in there wearing his wife beater, holding an axe and hopes all those nails he scattered on the road for the Sorority Bus work out.

You want to talk about a scary house. I was afraid to stop and take pictures during the day. I've seen how those movies turn out when the kids split up and look for clues. If it's raining and your car breaks down and you ask to use the phone at that house, you should be fighting crime for a living.You've got to have a deathwish if you set foot in that house.

But the scariest thing? The mailbox. I was afraid to open it. I'm pretty sure there aren't Superbowl tickets in there. Most likely it's a human hand inside.

Now I've got to get going. I've got my dark pick- up truck, a flashlight and a shitload of pumpkins to steal.

4 comments:

Reigning Frog said...

The cherry on top of all this is that the cow mailbox is almost falling over.

Hey, at least there are no misspellings, like:

"House of Skream
s"

lattégirl said...

Dude! You should totally buy a fake bloodied hand and stick it in that mailbox yourself!

Anonymous said...

There are places near where I live that sell various kinds of produce on the honor system. I love it.

What I don't love are scary trailers. Just looking at that picture gives me the creeps and makes me want to take a shower. Don't people know they're creepy?

Angie T said...

Ok, A- the pumpkin people totally stole that idea from Radiohead. And two, that's your house with the red spray paint, ain't it? AIN'T IT?