Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Defenestration Excitation

In Hanover, Germany, a man isn't being charged with any crime after throwing his computer out of the window and onto the street below.

In not charging the man, the police said, "Who hasn't felt like doing that?"

I'll bet they wouldn't have taken that kind of cavalier attitude if he'd tossed Bill Gates out after getting the Blue Screen of Death again. "I was running Windows" is a perfectly appropriate defense though.

He probably just needs some more Dell Memory. When I was having trouble with my 'puter, I just slapped another 256K in the bad boy and things were fine.

That's presuming I don't try to post a picture in Blogger of course. Then all bets are off.

I know Letterman likes to throw stuff off the roof. I don't remember him doing a computer though.

The last thing I threw out of a window was a paper airplane. From the third floor of an office building, it really sailed. Yes, I have thrown water balloons out of a hotel window when I was a kid on a trip to Washington, D.C. And I've dropped a box of wine off a balcony as an experiment.

What's the last thing you threw out of a window?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I spit my gum out of my car window pretty often (despite my total disdain for all that is litter). Does that count?

t2ed said...

I think gum spitting counts, but it's pretty small. Especially when you consider all of the real garbage people seem to toss out of their car window.

Based upon no scientific data, Taco Bell bags seem to get tossed from cars fairly often around here.