Thursday, September 06, 2007

Go Get Dora

I don't wish to speak ill of the deceased allegedly deceased, adventurer Steve Fossett, but I used to always think the same thing whenever I heard about one of his latest attempts. Remember, if he makes it, So What!

Oh, I'm sure circumnavigating the globe in a solo, high-air balloon was a fabulous triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, but is anyone really taking high air balloons for travel anymore? You've got to respect jillionaires with a death wish. At least his beneficiaries do....

Steve has gone missing in Nevada and the Civil Air Patrol is currently searching for him. Good luck with that guys. There's a lot of open space in Nevada. That not counting the Venetian hotel.

Boy with Fossett and Pavarotti going right now, I'll bet Abe Vigoda is staying home tonight.

3 comments:

Elsa said...

I thought you were joking about Abe Vigoda. I would have sworn he was dead...but I just checked "the internets" (as our President likes to call it) and you weren't pulling our leg - Abe Vigoda is actually still alive! Wow! Definitely a good one for the Dead or Alive game.

Reigning Frog said...

Wanna take bets it's one of the Golden Girls to further the superstition of celebrity trio deaths? Abe may be off the hook.

Kim said...

Abe will never die.

Never.