Friday, May 25, 2007

Happy Star Wars Day

I almost completely forgot about it!

Because they've solved every other problem (traffic, homelessness, smog, crime), LA has declared today, May 25th as Official Star Wars Day.

It's part of something called Celebration IV a geekfest happening where people gather to celebrate all things Star Wars. They'll be a lot of empty parents' basements today!

They're also going to have the largest ever Slave Leia photo shoot. Yes, that's when Carrie Fisher wore that swell gold metal bikini in the movie with all the Care Bears. So lots of girls will be dressed up in gold metal bikinis. And because it's a Star Wars thing, that must mean almost 10 girls will be there.

Wow! Makes you want to get your nerd on don't it? No hate mail. I kid because I care. I own all the movies too and that Attack of the Clones makes a swell coaster. No one writes dialogue like George.

I think I'm going to celebrate Star Wars Day by doing my best George Lucas impersonation. Yup, I'm just going to count all the money in my pocket over and over again. Of course, Georgie Boy probably does better than the $27 I'm packing pre-holiday weekend. That'll teach me to spend all that money on meat and liquor.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend, kids. It's because of those veterans' sacrifices that we're able to sit on our ass and get plenty of liquids and make fun of Star Wars geeks.

3 comments:

Wicked H said...

Happy weekend to you too t2ed!

I am happy to report that I have yet to see any of the Star Wars movies.

Let the Force Be With You!

Reigning Frog said...

Star Wars and British Humor are on the same page in my book.

In which movie do you think Carrie Fisher was at her most annoying?

lattégirl said...

Did you say meat and liquor?

http://www.echonyc.com/~jkarpf/home/martini.html