Thursday, February 23, 2006

I Had a Theme, I Had an Awesome Theme

I was talking with someone recently and declared that if I were Lord of All I Survey, I'd have someone release doves every time I entered a room. Upon further reflection, I've decided that when (not if) I become the Master of My Domain, I'd rather have a great theme song that could be played whenever I enter a room. It's a little presidential but instead of Hail to the Chief, it'll be something good. Other than the Prez, I think Bob Hope (Thanks for the Memories) and Johnny Carson (Tonight Show Theme) were the last real people to have theme songs. I'm going to fix all that.

The Paul Shaffer and the World's Most Dangerous Band (as seen on David Letterman) always does a good job with this if you're paying attention. When a guest gets intro they play him or her out with something that's usually pretty clever. I like to play along at home.

My Song - Darth Vader's Theme (love that kettle drum intro) or My Boyfriend's Back
Dick Cheney - You Give Love a Bad Name (think of the opening line)
George W. Bush - If I Only Had a Brain (Scarecrow's Theme from Wizard of Oz)
John Kerry - Mr. Ed
Bill Clinton - To All The Girls I've Loved Before
Nick Lachey - Money
Paris Hilton - Why Don't We Do It in the Road
Joe Pesci - Send In the Clowns
Tara Reid - One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer
Pam Anderson - Naughty Girls Need Love Too
Courtney Love - Hotel California
Thomas Jefferson - Brown Sugar/Black Betty (tie)
Abe Lincoln - Long Tall Sally
Tom Cruise - Crazy Train

I'm sure you can think of others, kids. Feel free to play along at home.

4 comments:

Angie T said...

Mine is Brass Monkey from the Beastie Boys

Kim said...

I think mine would be Cigarettes and Alcohol, the Oasis version.

Kelly Monaco - Tiny Dancer
Anna Nicole - Gold Digger
Tom Sizemore - Smack My Bitch Up
Angelina Jolie - Pretty Woman
Jennifer Aniston - Goodbye My Lover
Brad Pitt - Big Pimpin'

t2ed said...

Some alternates:

Tom Sizemore - I Fought the Law
Angelina Jolie - Funkytown (cause it's by Lipps, Inc.)
Katie Holmes - Prisoner of Love (James Brown version of course)
Simon Cowell - Cold Hearted

Anonymous said...

My song would have to be Adam Ants "Goody Two Shoes." Don't drink, don't smoke, what do I do?