Tuesday, February 07, 2006

At Least They're Not Made of Snow

I'm not sure what's gotten everyone fixated on all things phallic. Maybe it's Valentine's Day coming up and everyone wants to get their groove on. And while I'm unaware if Valentine's Day is celebrated in Germany, their football fans are certainly creative in their heckling.

Fans of Borussia Dortmund used inflatable penises (no word if they're giant) to shake at the opposing fans. They also had a banner which said the opposition should "procreate with themselves" according to the story. I'm guessing that was something in the realm of "Go Fuck Yourself." Unfortunately despite all the peterwaving, the game was a 0-0 tie. Wow, is soccer exciting or what.

That's probably why we'll stick to football here in the States. But I've got to admit, had all the Steelers fans at Ford Field been equipped with inflatable penises, the game would have even been better. Especially when Big Ben was introduced and everyone went wild with their peterwave. I'd like to see the censor try to blur that out.

2 comments:

Diamond said...

Man, would I ever have loved to see that. Of course, I'm still back on giant snow penises. We got hit with lake effect snow here for two straight days and I went out and built one in my front yard. Sure does stop traffic let me tell ya!!!!

Angie T said...

I've given up on the hope of every seeing anything phallic again.

tsk. . .