Friday, February 03, 2006

Boehner or Blunt?

Everyone who says the GOP doesn't have a sense of humor can just suck it. The Republicans have been making me laugh for years now. I just wish it were intentional. Comedy writers all over are thanking their lucky stars for this one.

The new House Majority Leader is John Boehner of Ohio. Don't fall for that "it's pronounced long a" nonsense. The Bone man cometh. Why doesn't it surprise me that the folks from Ohio picked a guy named Boehner to elect? The Boehner defeated Roy Blunt from Missouri.

I know that Republicans would rather have a Boehner than a Blunt any day of the week. They are the pro-life party after all.

Let's see if I can come up with a few headlines for this announcement:

  • Boehner blows away Blunt
  • Boehner up after Delay done
  • Happy to see us, Boehner heads GOP
  • GOP finally notices Boehner
  • Boehner in Congress leads way
  • Boehner breaks back to beat Blunt (you know the NY Post will steal this one)
  • Boehner joins Bush atop party

These just write themselves, kids. Feel free to submit your own entendres. Hopefully you can get a Boehner of your own this weekend.

4 comments:

Angie T said...

I'm leaving for DC in 7 minutes. I've printed out your post and plan to deliver to the RNC.

Diamond said...

Lovin' it!!!!!!

t2ed said...

Of course you're lovin' it. Everyone loves The Boehner.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read a caption of a photo with the president "Bush with Boehner." It just might give the GOP a lift.