Monday, August 15, 2005

Quote of the Week

I'm not a fan of the Detroit Lions. But I like NFL football and because they're my market team, I'm stuck watching them most whether I want to or not. With that explanation, here's the quote of the week:

"I think he's drafted extremely well. I think we've built a good foundation, all due to Matt's direction. I think we've built a good team, all due to Matt's direction."

-- Detroit Lions owner William Clay Ford, announcing the five year contract extension for club president and CEO Matt Millen.

Under Millen, the Lions are an NFL-worst 16-48 (including 3-29 on the road) in four years. During the Millen administration the Lions also set an NFL record by losing 24 straight road games for a span 3 years. Prior to being hired by Ford, Millen's only management NFL experience consisted of being an announcer with CBS and Fox.

I can't believe performance like that warrants a five year extention. How can I get a job working for Mr. Ford?

No comments: