Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Comment Spammers

I recently got comment spammed. And they got me good. 9 times, Mrs. Buehler. 9 times.

If they were more creative than making every comment spam from Anonymous, someone might actual fall for this crap.

I wish the comment spammers were as creative about thinking up something new as they are about ruining what we have. I mean, they're showing some initiative here. They just need to be channeled a bit more. Kind of like me in school. And work. And my personal life.

I mean they didn't even think up any different celebs to be on Christopher Walken's Cabinet. It was just click here, go here, ENJOY WINE, blah, blah, blah. If they were on topic, that'd be really scary. Oh well, that's why we have the trash button on the comments. Buh bye, anonymous.

That'll teach me to wish for more comment traffic.

Well the only option on the interweb to prevent spam comments is to turn on the word verification software. Sorry, kids. Even more work than thinking is required to comment now.

What a shame that a few bad apples have to spoil a good time for everyone by breaking the rules. Thank you , Eric Stratton.

No comments: