Friday, January 06, 2006

Long Beautiful Hair

As I was waiting for the Rose Bowl to start, the phone rang. Without thinking and figuring it was probably my Dad calling to make a bet with me, I picked up. This is contrary to my very nature, but should indicate how National Championship Fever and the run up/orgy of football over the past week had me.

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is Heather from Childen without Hair."

"Heather, you're calling during the Rose Bowl."

"The Rose Bowl? Is that now?"

"Heather, take me off your list and buy those kids a hat." Click.

Wife: "Who was that?"

Me: "Children Without Hair. Apparently we've fixed everything but follicles."

Now I don't know if this is a legitimate charity. It certainly sounds like a scam to me. But I'm guessing Heather's night didn't get any better with her other calls.

And I was so amazed that someone called before the start of the game that I forgot my favorite line -- I only donate to cheerleader car washes.

Rah Rah.

No comments: