Friday, January 06, 2006

I Can't Believe It's Not Margarine

If you want to see the 800 pound butter sculpture, you'd better get to Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex before it warms up and starts oozing. Otherwise, you can see it all online.

That's just one swell picture from the extravaganza. There are lots more.

Now where can I get an 1200 pound potato and a big ass lobster?

I wonder how the artist of this particular exhibit chose to work in the butter medium? I thought stone too mundane for the nuance of a milk cart. So I went with butter.

I may have to try something on my own this weekend. I'm not sure whether my art will be expressed with mashed potatoes, macaroni & glue or glitter.

Happy arts & crafts weekend, kids.

1 comment:

Angie T said...

This guy I was totally in love with back in the day ate sticks of margarine all my themselves (not even with ketchup!) and his farmer family had a pig named Double Ugly.