Thursday, November 03, 2005

I Can't Take It Anymore

I don't think of myself as naive. But I'm tired of being dragged kicking and screaming into reality. I'd just like to have some of my childhood memories left alone. Of course, I'm talking about Sulu coming out of the closet. Yes, I have kissed a girl and no, I don't live in my parents' basement.

Can't we just let some things be? Did anyone really want to know that Sulu was thinking about how dreamy Chekov was instead of thinking about his lines? Just leave some of my childhood intact. I didn't even really like Star Trek, but I remember getting to watch it with my oldest brother. It's about the only time I remember him not hitting me. Ah, bliss.

So Scotty's dead and Sulu is gay. Next thing you know they'll be telling me that's not Kirk's real hair? What? Can't I have at least some of my fond memories?

Just for that I'm going to emulate "evasive maneuvers" by leaning way over in my chair the rest of the day when anyone asks me for anything.

1 comment:

Angie T said...

You're a geek.

just kidding. glad to see ya back!