Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Movie Stars, is there anything they don't know?


I've said it before and I'll say it again. No, not Men Love Boobies. The gigantic wheel of karma will eventually roll around and crush you.

Sean Penn had to be rescued when the boat he took to New Orleans to assist in the rescue efforts began to sink.

Now I will admit that I don't specifically recall when Mr. Penn received his Red Cross certification to assist in relief efforts.

But taking along a personal photographer? That's the gigantic wheel of karma people.

I know exactly what happened. Anyone who has ever had a boat has at one time took it out without the plug in it. You always take it out to drain the water in your boat (after you're done fooling around for the day) and eventually you'll forget to put it back in. You have to drive around in circles while someone in your boat hops out and gets the plug. If you go fast enough, not too much water will get in your boat.

I think we'll all be better served if we just pony up to the Red Cross. Leave the rescue efforts to the professionals. And leave your photographers at home. We've seen enough devastation.

And I know I'm so going to hell, but I can't help but giggle when I look at Mr. Penn bailing out that boat with a 'lil red cup.

No comments: