Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Gilligan is Dead


In case you haven't heard, Bob Denver probably best known for his titular role on Gilligan's Island has passed away at the age of 70.

No one ever talks about his role as Maynard G. Krebs, television's first beatnik character on The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis. Or even Far Out Space Nuts.

What's really scary is that I didn't have to look those up. I remembered he was in both of those crappy shows. Or any of the many Love Boat or Fantasy Island episodes he did.

I'm actually pretty surprised the rest of the castaways didn't kill Gilligan and put his head on a stake as a warning to anyone who would ruin their escape the island plans. Gilligan would have been nothing but another Piggy on my island. Wow, this took a nasty turn didn't it?

I hope no one from American Idol dies or I'll really go off on a rant.

No comments: