Friday, July 22, 2005

You're Freaking Me Out, Tommy

Tommy Thompson, former Health and Human Services director and the former Governor of Wisconsin is going to get an RFID tag implanted in his body.

Now I always liked Tommy. He seemed to have done some good things for the neighboring state and he did get elected four times. I remember the Wisconsin Works program supposedly being a blueprint for welfare reform.

But this sounds a little crazy to me. I'm not all Mark of the Beast or anything, but why would you get a chip implanted when only two hospitals use it?

My cynical side says that if you make me the CEO of a company, I'll do anything in an effort at shameless self promotion. I've actually seen these work on pets and they're kind of cool.

But getting one just to identify my body if I'm dead? I mean I'll be dead, so I don't care. Now if you could get one that picks up cable? Then I'd totally have staff meetings licked.

No comments: