Thursday, July 28, 2005

WTF is up with Altoids

I've gotten 15 spams today from the Candy King of America trying to convince me to sell Altoids in the vending industry. Condoms I get in this venue. But Altoids?

Now this may well be targeted email because I've actually talked about getting into the vending industry. But that's when I was sitting in a bar and saw how many morons were plugging money into some machine to buy "pull tabs." Pull tabs are like instant lottery ticket, but you don't have to wait until the time of the drawing to figure out you lost. I can't remember who said it, but the lottery is a tax upon those who can't do math.

Anyway, I know I never signed up for information about entering the vending industry. And I sure as hell didn't sign up 15 times.

I did send them a very nice note saying, "Would you sons of bitches quit sending out spam?" in each line of their swell online form. I bet it doesn't work. But I'm sure not going to try to unsubscribe to that message.

No comments: