Monday, July 11, 2005

Pukes of Hazzard

I recently saw a preview of the new Dukes of Hazzard movie while waiting for Batman Begins to finally do so.

Now I can't honestly say I never watched the original series. It did have Catherine Bach in it. And she was wearing those Daisy Duke shorts most of the time. And I obviously watched it enough that the phrase "'Bout then the Duke boys decided to give Boss Hogg a run for his money" is in my head whenever a buddy and I are going to do something stupid.

Despite that early exposure, I know that I will not be exposed to the latest film version of the Dukes of Hazzard.

I will also make some bold predictions that none of the following will ever be said about the movie:

  • Feel Good Hit of the Summer
  • a taut, psychological thriller that will keep you guessing until the very end
  • a performance so textured and nuanced that Oscar will come calling
  • rich, luxurious cintematography

I could be wrong, but I'll bet I'm not.

No comments: