Friday, July 08, 2005

Quote of the Week (a Two-fer)

This week it's not me. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who says stupid stuff around this office.

"Media training is very helpful. I know it helped me in the divorce."

--a fellow Virtucon drone discussing the need to get some new folks media training

Ah, the importance of staying "on message" when discussing thorny issues. Something that will always keep the public affairs professionals employeed.

To the fine people of London, I'm reminded of a quote from someone who was much more inspirational than me:

"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

--Sir Winston Churchill, 1940 in the House of Commons after the retreat from Dunkirk, France

After surviving the German bombing of World War II, I think it's going to take more than a bit of public transport terrorism to make the Brits back down. They're made from a bit firmer stock than that.

Yabba, dabba, doo. It's quittin' time (try to imagine Fred Flintstone sliding down the dino tail and leaving the rock quarry). That's me, kids. Enjoy the weekend, ya'll.

No comments: