Friday, July 01, 2005

Rock Stars, is there anything they don't know?

Well the Live 8 concerts are coming up soon. I thought the Live Aid concerts Bob (minus the Boomtown Rats) did earlier fixed everything right? Oh, that's right. They accomplished nothing. I guess I just don't understand how live music fixes international finance. Should have stayed in school. This time we're not raising money (because it doesn't work as a solution to an institutional problem), we're raising awareness. Right.

I think the real tragedy is that Pink Floyd is going to reunite and they only get 15 minutes to play. Are you kidding me? That's not even enough time to fire up a fatty and get through Dark Side of the Moon. This is crazy.

And if we're going to have a big concert for debt relief, how come Bob can't do anything about me and my credit cards. I swear I won't buy all that electronic equipment at Best Buy again, Mr. Geldof.

No comments: