Monday, January 19, 2009

Wanted Dead Or Alive

I don't want to say that I racked up major husband points this weekend, but I sat through both Mamma Mia and Marley & Me.

That's a whole lot of cinematic emotion for a big strapping mountain man like yours truly. I was briefly cheered that while Pierce Brosnan is one of the top five prettiest men in the world, he can't sing worth a damn.

And Marley and Me with Jennifer Aniston? Everyone was bawling by the end. If you're a dog person, you may want to skip the last 15 minutes and sneak into something else.

It's so sad when Marley runs off with Angelina Jolie at the end.

Hope I didn't ruin anything for anybody there.

3 comments:

foundinidaho said...

I loved Mamma Mia (yes, I'm a girl, go figure). Didn't think Pierce did all that bad - maybe his cuteness blinded me to his total lack of musical talent, though I certainly noted some flat notes.

I refuse to see Marley and Me. The book made me cry and I have a 10 year old Lab. WAAAY too close to home at this point.

Kudos to you for husband points earned. Want to give mine some lessons?

Anonymous said...

Those are some serious husband points. Or maybe they are negative wife points? My husband actually likes a few romantic comedies, and the movies I make him sit through are the highly-acclaimed, often-snoozefests, so I guess we're okay.

Wanted, by the way, was totally cheesy and worth every second :)

kapgar said...

I must've missed that alternate ending. Hmmm...

BTW, I find it reassuring that my wife hated Mamma Mia. Especially since I hated it, too.