Thursday, July 13, 2006

Get a Location on Boris & Natasha

If you live in Romania, I pity you. Because apparently your Senators are even worse than ours.

Corneliu Vadim Tudor said that flooding last year in Romania was due to a metereological attack. Tudor wouldn't name the country behind the attacks but mentioned "a great power east of Romania which is increasingly annoyed by Bucharest's policies on the Black Sea region."

He continued with, "Ixnay on the Ussianrays." Okay, I made that last part up.

And sure this guy is either crazy, playing Machiavellian politics to distract his internal constituents with a fictional external foe or both. But how do we know he's wrong? If the Russkies could monkey with Romanian weather, why couldn't they do it in Pennsylvania?

Run for the hills! And bring your inflatable raft and swim fins. You're going to need them. And tovarich? I'd like a little less humidity this weekend. It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.

5 comments:

Angie T said...

This one time. . . I went to a little Romanian restaurant in Chicago and the food was horrible. But I didn't care cuz the owner kept making me do shots of something. . . probably the blood of orphans.

t2ed said...

I heard orphan blood made for a wicked hangover.

I honestly don't know any romanian food other than paprika.

Iwanski said...

That's a great line.

"It's not the heat, it's the stupidity."

Congrats. Did you coin that?

t2ed said...

Been using it for years!

I think it originated because of all the stupid weathermen with their meteorolgical masturbasion (and I wish I'd have coined that one) about summer oppressiveness being dependent upon the air moisture.

I've lived in Arizona. I don't care how dry the heat is. Put your oven on low and stick your head in. That's a dry heat too.

Elsa said...

This sounds like something Bill Frist would dream up, too. I don't think I'm as confident as you that our Senators aren't as bad...at least some of them.