Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Mr. Kettle, Mr Pot Is On The Phone

In a move that may actually make my head explode, the people from Wonderbra are accusing the folks from Marks & Spencer of being sexist.

Yup, the inventor of the push up bra is hammering another lingerie maker for using photos of semi-naked women in their advertising. When I use a photo of a woman showing her sweet boobs, that's classy. When you do it, it's trashy. Can't you see the difference?

I fail to see what the hubbub is about the Per Una collection. But then I'm not a Brit, so maybe there's something shocking to the continental sensibilities that's lost upon this Yank.

I guess I fail to see how Wonderbra taking the moral high road regarding women in advertising is going to sell more Wonderbra's, but then all I know about women's bras is that I like what's in them.

No comments: