Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The HMO Will Probably Not Cover This

A woman from Oregan is suing a doctor. Nothing new there, right? Well she's suing him because he prescribed intercourse (with him of course) for her lower back pain.

Do you think he made her call him Dr. Feelgood? If a doctor says he can cure you by having sex with him, he must really have a magic johnson.

Now I'm neither a doctor nor do I play one on tv, but if you think sex makes your back feel better, it probably does. I thought sex made everything feel better.

I'm guessing this woman doesn't work for NASA. "Hop up on this table and take your clothes off. Now you'll feel some slight pressure and then your back will start to feel much, much, much better. Try to ignore my cries of pleasure and concentrate on your back."

How many "treatments" do you think it took before she realized that her back wasn't getting any better?

Dr. Feelgood got in trouble when he also submitted his 45 minute "treatments" to the state health plan to get them covered by insurance. Ah, greed raising its ugly head again. I think that's really trying to have your cake and eat it too, so to speak.

"Doctor, that doesn't feel like a thermometer......"

4 comments:

kris said...

I was with Dr. Feelgood that night, and I don't recall him getting any calls . . .

Angie T said...

Thankfully my HMO covers such treatments, but I have to have a referral from my primary care doc. She has terrible taste, so I'm usually stuck trolling the bars looking for freelancers.

t2ed said...

I hope that's just your pager buzzing.

Angie T said...

I don't have a pager