Thursday, January 17, 2008

Say It Ain't So, Ike

This one is inspired by the Wife who sent this headline to me with a in an email.

The headline?

Medical examiner says Ike Turner died of cocaine overdose

Wife's email message? Just one word. Really?

And I thought I was supposed to be the funny one. Damn, I hope this doesn't make me the pretty one or we're in real trouble.

Despite all the bad press Ike's gotten recently, he really could rock with Tina and the Ikettes. And he did the first rock and roll song, Rocket 88. Don'tca wish you had caught that live instead of on a little pop up tv?

I mean no one is really surprised that the Ikester OD'ed. After all he always did want to take us higher. Too soon? Even for a wife beater? I'm sure when Jamie Foxx finally plays Ike in a schmaltzy biopic they'll gloss over that unhappy place in their marriage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

T2, is your new house sooo BIG that you and your wife have to communicate by e-mail?