You may remember when Jersey was taking suggestions for a new State motto. The winner was "What're You Looking At" after it narrowly beat out "You Didn't See Nuthin" in the online vote.
Apparently the highly-esteemed Jersey legislature (4 weeks without an indictment) voted Red Mascara's "I'm From New Jersey" as the State Song but the Governor wouldn't sign this very important step forward for the New Jersey Citizenry into law. So it's only the unofficial state song.
The legislature did agree that every high school graduate is to be given their very own piece of travelpro luggage. So they can get the hell out. And a road map to New York.
But until the various sides can put aside their partisan politics and address this divisive issue, here are some suggestions for Jersey:
- Blinded by the Blight by Bruce Springsteen
- Big Girls Do Cry (especially if they live in Jersey) by Franki Valli & the Four Seasons
- Wanted Dead or Bayonne by Jon Bon Jovi
- Surfin' Ho-Ho-Kus by the Beach Boys
- I Don't Want to Go Home by Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes
- Lyndhurst is My Lady by Frank Sinatra
- Lullaby of Bay Head by Sarah Vaughan
- I'll Never Fall in Lodi Again by Dionne Warwick
- After You've Gone to Glassboro by Count Basie
- If You See My Barnegat Light also by the Count
- Every Ghetto, Every City by Lauryn Hill
- Squeeze the Trigger by Ice-T
Wasted Days, Wasted Nights by Freddy Fender was rejected as Freddy isn't actually from the Shore. I'm just kidding Jersey Boys & Girls. We kid because we care. Kinda.
I'm sure I've missed a few so feel free to play along at home, kids.