Thursday, December 01, 2005

Everyone Loves Good Head (Lines)

As you can probably tell if you read this lil pile o' goofy on a fairly regular basis, I love a great headline.

I don't think the folks who write for the New York Post get their journalistic kudos for the wacky (and most likely alliterative) headlines they come up with on a daily basis.

And while I'm tooting my own horn, I've managed a couple that bordered on genius (or at least cringeworthy) efforts:

  • Wie, Wie, Wie All the Way Home (about Michelle Wie)
  • Vikes, Vikes Baby (about the Minnesota Vikings Love Boat sex scandal)
  • TO, TO, It's Off the Team You Go (about Assbag Owens)
  • Lesbian Cheerleader Bathroom Sex Catfight (about the Carolina Panthers)

Actually, I don't think that last one is that clever, but I think it's funny how it improves my search engine rankings from all the pervs looking for pix. Get over it, boys!

So it was with some delight that I read the St. Petersburg Times actually issued an apology to its readership for too many punning headlines. It's true.

For the record, here are the transgressions of the Times:

  • Welcome back, clutter (about junk accumulating in our houses)
  • Caws for celebration (about urban crows)
  • Ex-es of evil (about politicians and their former wives)

Maybe I can start freelancing for those guys?

No comments: