Tuesday, December 27, 2005

You Say Potato, I Say Spud

Here's hoping ya'll scored the sweet Xmas booty and loot you truly wanted. It was truly a miraculous Xmas for yours truly. No clothes at all! The Amazon wish list is truly a godsend.

Wife scored sweet purses and is already using one of them. I was afraid she wouldn't like them as they're a little different. I also had her old diamond from her wedding ring and a pink pearl made into a pendant. She seemed happy and slightly amazed that I had the wherewithal to pull it off. Not from a financial standpoint, but from a style perspective. Because, after all, we men are just bears with pants.

Pre-Xmas dinner was fab as well. Prime Rib (which I've cooked before) with a horseradish sauce on the side and mashed potatoes. I can't believe that in all of my years of being the official chef of Shaque D'amour that I've never mashed a potato. Probably from being a devotee of the baked spud (and laziness).

Simply put, I can't believe any self-respecting home chef would ever mash a spud. Too much freakin' work. Peel, cut, boil, mash, blend, reheat and serve. Way too much work for this lazybones. They came out well, but man, I'm not going through that again. There's a good reason I like the Naked Chef. Low on fuss, high on flavor.

Now I gotta get my shit in gear for New Year's. No party, but Wife is requesting a Night of Romance. Love talk, hot monkey love, then cuddling. I snarkily asked what we'd do after 40 minutes had passed. Crickets in response.

Better get my thinking cap on.

1 comment:

Kim said...

40 minutes?