Thursday, December 15, 2005

Now This is a Display


I'm not certain if this counts or not.

Gotta love the headline, "Police whack giant snow penis." Wonder if they wore gloves or used lubricant when they were whacking it? They should have thrown milk around afterward.

Quote of the story: Now we're going to get snow penises popping up all over town.

Granted it's nothing as nice as a Santa holding a severed head, but anytime you can say to your parents, "Um, there's a gigantic snow penis on the lawn," that's got to earn you some points.

I can honestly say that when I was dating, I never had a girl like me enough to sculpt a gigantic snow penis on my lawn. But that's probably just as well.

There's a line in "Some Enchanted Evening" that says "once you have found her, never let her go." Basically it's Rodgers and Hammerstein's way of saying, "she's a keeper." I'd say that this young girl is a keeper. Any girl who loves you enough to create a gigantic phallic symbol where everyone in town will see it, probably doesn't embarrass easily. She also had the presence of mind to make it gigantic. High praise, indeed. How you explain to your parents why she's so familiar with the old block and tackle is another story. Probably just give your Dad and wink and mumble something about "moths to the flame" and let him deal with Mom.

And how do I know that "gigantic snow penis" is going to get all sort of search engine traffic for people that really aren't looking for my smart ass blog?

2 comments:

kris said...

I didn't want you to know where I live, but I guess there really isn't any avoiding it now.

Anonymous said...

Did she make any snow balls to go with it?