Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Baseball Has Been Barry Barry Good To Me

I'll confess to not watching much of the basketball festivities last night. First, the game stunk as UCLA (that's pronounced yew kleh) never seemed to have their act in gear. Second, it was more fun to watch the fans in San Diego torment Barry Bonds.

People had some great signs:
  • Bonds First in Hall of Shame
  • Barr-Roids
  • Huge Head, Tiny Bat, Tiny Balls
  • *

I wish I'd have been the guy who just put an asterisk on a sign. Man, that's genius.

Someone even threw a syringe onto the field. I couldn't see a needle, but you could clearly see the plastic injector thingee. And when Bonds picked it up off the field of play, it was awesome.

And that's just San Diego. Can you imagine what's going to happen in Chicago, New York or Philadelphia? In Philly, they booed Santa Claus at an Eagles game. This looks to be a very long year for Mr. Bonds and the rest of the team.

I still want to market a shirt that says Will Rogers Never Met Barry Bonds.

Play ball, Barry.

Oh, and I forgot. Barry's tv show is on tonight. On the duece, it's Barry on Barry. Because he won't talk to the media, he's going to do his own reality tv show. That makes sense. Use the media so you don't have to talk to the media.

Now in a professional sense, I've got to admire his blatant hijacking of the media process. The professional media keeps asking him the wrong questions (ie. about his cheating, his steroids, his being an asshole) so he'll do it himself.

I have it on good authority that he cries during the first episode. I can't wait to see the kinder, gentler Barry Bonds. Who sits in his recliner in the clubhouse and watches his big screen tv and makes sure his people keep the rest of the Giants away from him.

And if you feel too sorry for Barry, his theatrics and his ability to whip up some tears on cue. Just remember that when he feels bad, he can go home and rest his ginormous steroid-swollen head on a big pile of money.

Hey did you hear they were going to Barry Bonds Bobblehead night? They wouldn't bobble because the head was too big.

3 comments:

SUEB0B said...

I went to spring training and Barry wasn't there when I was. Too bad because I wanted to ask him to sign a ball *73 for me.

He could have been one of the greats but he will be remembered in a bad light more because he is a big jerkhead than because of the steroids. There are plenty of other steroid users out there but Barry will be the poster boy.

I went to the Angels/Yankees last night. It was great fun and both teams were in fine form. Randy Johnson pitched a great game, but the Angels squeaked by.

SUEB0B said...

PS check out my cousin Doug Davis, leftie pitcher for the Brewers.

t2ed said...

Sue, Barry is notorious for not playing back to back games and taking most of Spring Training off.

Tell your cousin, he's my hero. I only went to school because I couldn't hit a curve ball. Getting to play ball in Milwaukee must be awesome.