Monday, March 27, 2006

Spring Break Shenanigans

It's good to see that even though everyone goes to Florida on Spring Break, some folks from Michigan can still manage to get in trouble. Seems a couple of Michigan DJ's are being prosecuted for misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

Christopher Scott and Louis Green were running a wet t-shirt contest as an establishment called Hammerhead Fred's in Panama City, Florida. It's hard to tell whether this place is more of a nightclub or a restaurant, but I certainly wouldn't order the crabs.

A citizen of Panama City complained to local police that Spring Break festivities inside Fred's included Live Sex Acts (you always have to capitalize that phrase). No mention of who the wet blanket is because presumably everyone else in Hammerhead Fred's would kick his ass. The original complaint alleged that the contest had females up there performing "oral sex on one another" according to Bay County sheriff's Capt. Rickie Ramie.

"I just came here for a nice meal and then all these women started flashing me and I couldn't enjoy my grouper sandwich anymore." It's a shame a few bad apples have to ruin a good time for everyone.

Undercover officers were dispatched to the location of the complaint. And I can just imagine how the volunteers were chosen for that assignment. "All right, listen up. We've got a complaint of live sex acts at a bar here in town. Any volunteers to investigate? Anyone? C'mon guys, someone has to check this out."

Once the contest started, all hell broke loose. "The women were encouraged to remove the t-shirts, expose themselves, and allow the audience to fondle them and bite their nipples," wrote Tara Roberts of the Panama City Community Site. And if I'm running the Panama City Community Site, I'd be posting this too. I can't think of anything that would help tourism more, but please, no biting!

According to the DJ's, a woman on stage exposed herself (skin to win) after which undercover officers arrested "just about anybody within reach." Best part of that story? Written by Joe Snapper. Wouldn't you assign Joe Snapper to write any story with a seafood element?

No word on who won the contest, however, both Diana Chang (23 of Naperville, IL) and Jacquein Strong (17, of Orange Beach, AL) were taken into custody. She's just 17 (and you know what I mean)? Put her down, Jerry Lee. That means two things: she had both a fake id and fabulous breasticles. Chang is reportedly either a current of former student of the University of Illinois. Hopefully, she's majoring in Dance so this can be good for some class credits.

Now I don't know the nuances of this area of the law (darn). But Diana was arrested for lewd and lascivious conduct while Jacquein was arrested for nudity, indecent conduct at an establishment serving food. Is this a permit issue? Driving with a load not properly tied down perhaps? One is lewd and lascivious while one is nude and indecent around food. What could possible be the hair splitting going on around here? Maybe that's it. Maybe no hair nets were involved and it's really a hygiene issue.

Try not to expose yourself in public kids. But if you do, we can always play the video backwards and it'll look like you're coming to your senses.

5 comments:

kris said...

This Spring Break tomfoolery makes me shudder. I once stood in a Cancun pay phone line (in the days before cells, kids) behind a girl who won one of these contests - she was calling her mom to tell her about her winnings (read: plastic bottle of vodka). Her mom hung up on her.

Angie T said...

I spent my spring break in DC at a Middle East Politics seminar. Not because I was a nerd, just that every weekend in College was Spring Break to me.

The parents of those girls must be very, very proud.

t2ed said...

I spent one Spring Break at Univ of Pennsylvania Chairing a Model United Nations.

Who knew knowledge of Roberts Rules of Order was dead sexy? Yes, I am a nerd but did meet a girl who eventually vomited on my shoes and then wanted to smooch me. Ugh, puke breath.

Kim said...

I went to Cancun one year for Spring Break and won one of those contests. I called my mom from a payphone to tell her about it but she hung up on me...hey, wait a minute...

Elsa said...

I think I'm the nerdiest since I spent spring breaks working extra hours at the hospital. It hurts just to write that!!