Thursday, March 16, 2006

Get Into the Groove

Who's got the funk? I've got the funk. Just can't seem to get back into the swing of working for the Man.

I think my body has been climatized to the circardian rhythm of ocean waves, Red Stripes and reading in the sun. It has been a major chore to complete my appointed toil. I've been sitting in meetings non-stop since my returing and zoning out while I ponder who I would vote off my island.

Hopefully the onset of March Madness and the task of trying to track four NCAA brackets simultaneously will snap me out of my funk.

I don't think it helps that when you go on vacation, your work just sits. It's there waiting for you, growing larger and ever larger. Just like the dust bunnies under your bed. The longer it goes on, the worse the clean up will be.

At least I'm doing to 51 emails after three days--the power of multi-crapping during conference calls. My favorite trick to not pay attention, "I'm sorry, the phone cut out, can you repeat that question." An oldie but a goodie.

I wonder what's the longest amount of time you could be completely worthless at work and have no one notice? It may be 30 years for a few folks.

No comments: