Friday, March 17, 2006

Bracketology

Are you watching? Do you already have the madness? How many brackets have you filled out already? Do it all the way to the Final Four or round by round or both? I think I've got about 4 brackets going with only 1 a round by round pick.

After yesterday, I'm 13/16. Seton Hall fucked me. But then I should know better than to listen to Dick Vitale.

I don't know any workplace that doesn't have a pool going. But don't believe that it's costing business an estimated 3.8 billion dollars in lost productivity. That's the number estimated by the Department of Statistics We Pulled Out of Our Ass. Because if employees didn't have the NCAA tourney to dick around with, they certainly couldn't find anything else to keep from doing their work. Like reading blogs.....

Oh, and happy St. Patrick's Day. Erin Go Braughless. What does Erin go Braugh really mean? It's the anglicized version of the Gaelic phrase which means Ireland Forever. Sort of a Mick version of Semper Fi. Don't drink too much green beer kids!

3 comments:

Elsa said...

I'm not watching any of the games and really don't know much about the teams, but I did fill out the brackets and pretty much make my selections based on their standings and the names of the colleges - very scientific :-) Surprisingly, I have never won in the past. So far I have 23 points.

Good luck with your brackets and good luck trying to "get back in the groove" - it's always tough after a great vacation.

Elsa said...

BTW, I picked Duke to go all the way.

Kim said...

Damn that Seton Hall. They fucked me too. Well, not literally...nevermind...