Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Gravity is a Harsh Mistress

I fell on Sunday. I mean, I really fell.

Bought a paper and headed outside to the sidewalk, hit a patch of ice and completely sprawled. We're talking "Man Down." It had everthing but a tipped over walker and someone yelling, "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up."

Quickly looking around to see if anyone noticed my clumsiness, I limped to my car and drove away.

Went to the doctor yesterday and she said nothing seemed too out of whack. "Yup, that's a sprained leg all right." She did prescribe muscle relaxers seemingly powerful enough to drop a horse into a coma. Good times. I swear I woke up in exactly the same position I fell asleep.

Now I'm forced to walk around like Festus from Gunsmoke.

Hope I'm on the mend soon. Glad I joined the gym and now and an official medical reason to blow off working out.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Precisely why I live in the south. The only patches of ice we have down here are the ones caused when the dispenser on the front of the refrigerator gets really excited and leaves me with a mess to clean up on the floor.

Wait. That sounded kinda bad. Sorry about that.