Friday, April 01, 2005

April 1 is for Amateurs

I don't get April Fool's Day. Most of the pranks I've ever seen have been fairly stupid. And it seems like this day just opens it up for Amateur Hour.

That being said, I still love to be on a bus and yell, "Hey, fish tracks" and see how many people I can convince to look.

My other favorite is to call my mom and ask her where something I lost is. It's just like I'm 10 all over again. I don't think she understands that this is a joke because it'll go something like this:

"Mom, where are my socks?"

"Well, where did you last see them?"

"Mom, if I knew that I wouldn't be talking on the phone to you now would I? Oh, here they are on the floor in front of the tv. Why didn't you tell me they were there?"

"I'm sorry, honey."

If it's wrong to torment your parents, I don't want to be right.

No comments: