Friday, July 17, 2009

Tighten Up

I have to admit that Utah is the land of MILF's. Of course, most of them are 19 and already have 3 kids, but they're still MILF's. Back in the day, we used to call those Catholic Twins.

But they're seemingly always walking their urchins in their multi-level quinny buzz strollers with the portable (and detachable umbrella), the GPS device, the built in cooler (for milk bottles and Evian) and the DVD player so the kids can be outside but not actually know they're outside.

And because I typically have both of the Hell Hounds en leashe (that's French for "on leash"), I've learned to give them a wide birth. That's because the urchins love to pet the doggies (and I h
ate having to try to comb jam out of their coats) and the hounds have learned that there are unguarded foodstuffs like crackers and cookies and fingers that they can slurp for a little energy boost.

But when you're walking your kids and you look like you have one of these on, yeah, you can pet the dogs. For as long as you like.
I wish I were making this up.

7 comments:

foundinidaho said...

I am not surprised. My husband commented he'd never seen women go to the store in their pajamas until we lived in Utah. At 3 in the afternoon, no less. Sheesh.

Rox said...

Do you know how many hits you are going to get for blogging about this? For years you will be getting google hits for that link. I know because I linked the same damn link once and then the creeps came out of the woodwork!

Hey, maybe that's how you found my blog? :o)

kitkat said...

"Mild," "Medium," and "Cougar" sizes. Cool.

By the way, I find that people with strollers need a wide berth anyway. They seem to think that having a stroller = needing to occupy 5-persons' worth of space. When I see them, I can almost hear Galdalf's voice saying, "You shall not pass!"

Reigning Frog said...

This is WAY better than the Rack Trap.

Karen said...

Where DO you find this stuff?

angie said...

I guess I could use the google, but I'm not 100% sure what MILF stands for. Hmmmmm.

Cat said...

Thank you ever so much for translating that particularly puzzling bit of French. I might have lost sleep over it!